Tuesday, October 27, 2009
8:30 AM – 4:45 PM
Shelley Hamilton, CEO of MarinSpace will be presenting a session on facility management planning this month at the Building for Sustainable Communities conference in Oakland.
To register for the event or for more information click here.
Building for Sustainable Communities: Nonprofit Facilities and Shared Workspace
Learn models to reduce costs, enhance services in this all-day seminar.
As the real estate market continues to change and stimulus funds become available, nonprofit organizations are finding new opportunities to create quality workspace and facilities for themselves and the communities they serve. Join us for a hands-on training seminar to help your agency successfully create and operate a mission-enhancing, financially sustainable facility.
This seminar will offer tracks for established facility managers and new projects, such as:
- Practical tools to lead your organization in developing, financing and managing a successful real estate project;
- Strategic considerations for offering shared workspace and col-location models;
- Opportunities to connect with experienced nonprofit leaders and industry partners;
- Creating an active space for tenants and the community; and
- Green building design, operations, and site remediation strategies.